MotionCare will be closed Friday, April 3, 2015 at noon for Spring Break. Our employees are out playing and enjoying the long holiday weekend. We wish you health and happiness as you celebrate with family and hope the weather permits everyone to get out and move.
The Benefits of Walking
Walking Toward a Healthier You
There are countless physical activities out there, but walking has the lowest dropout rate of them all! It’s the simplest positive change you can make to effectively improve your heart health.
Research has shown that the benefits of walking and moderate physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day can help you:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well being
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2) diabetes
There really are so many benefits for such a simple activity!
To see more: http://www.startwalkingnow.org/whystart_benefits_walking.jsp